- What we do
- Who we are
- News & Documents
- Partnership in Mission
In 1861 Euphrasie Barbier began to realize her dream of going to the “foreign missions” when she left London and the Sisters of Compassion/Calvary and headed to Lyon, France. Little did she realize that within a very short time she herself would become the foundress of a new Congregation, whose special aim was to work in the foreign missions.
The political situation in France was anything but supportive of religious freedom at this time and by the turn of the century this young Congregation under the leadership of Mother Mary of the Holy Rosary moved to England. Even prior to this Euphrasie had already arranged for the removal of important documents to Deal, England, her first foundation on English soil.
Thus the Mother House, as it was then called, moved first to Deal, then in 1923 to Hastings where it remained until the 1966 General Chapter decision to move the Mother House/Generalate to Rome, Italy.
“With the progress for the Cause of our Venerated Mother the expediency of a house of the Congregation in Rome became more evident”
No match found