- What we do
- Who we are
- News & Documents
- Partnership in Mission
- Christmas Catalogue 2021
In response to the invitation of the vicar apostolic of Coastal Tonkin, Bishop Alexandre Marcou MEP (1856-1939), the first five RNDM missionaries from France arrived to Phat Diem on 23 October 1924. The Sisters began working in a school, a crèche, and a dispensary, all of which were previously run by the Sisters of St Paul de Chartres.
In 1926 the RNDM Sisters came to Thanh Hoa, and established a small boarding French medium – school for Vietnamese children plus some French and Eurasian students, and a Vietnamese medium – school. The Sisters also began caring for leprosy patients. Our missions then gradually developed in Lang Son, Sam Son Ha Noi, Vung Tau and Hue. Due to the political situation of the country, we had to move to the South in 1954.
The sisters run a hostel for tribal children, teaching, pastoral ministry, social ministry especially in empowering the women and single mothers. The sisters working closely with a group of associates.